The Bismarck Holiday Inn Express & Suites has an opening for a Full Time Guest Service Representative. The Full Time position is for the following shifts: 2p-10p or 3p-11p weekdays and weekend shifts varying in shifts from 12p-11p. Weekends are required.
Position Summary: As the Guest Service Representative, you greet and welcome guests to the hotel and make them feel comfortable while gathering their information for proper guest check-in and check-out. You must perform all Guest Service Representative duties in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
Reports to: The Assistant General Manager or Guest Service Manager (whichever is applicable to the hotel) is your immediate supervisor. In the absence of the Assistant General Manager and/or Guest Service Manager, the General Manager is your immediate supervisor. In the absence of your immediate supervisors, the Regional Manager assigned to the hotel is available to answer questions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Offers courteous and sincere hospitality at all times. Understands what is meant by good guest service. (Provides the public with uniform, consistent, efficient, courteous, high-quality service in addition to a clean hotel and grounds.)
2. Answers questions about the hotel and community, is knowledgeable about the location of local attractions, restaurants and shopping, and answers complaints or concerns by the guests.
3. Is part of the hotels security team and is responsible for immediately reporting any potential safety or security hazards to immediate supervisor.
4. Greets guests and checks them in and out using the computerized property management system. Completes all necessary paperwork for checking guests in and out, including guest registration information, appropriate room charges and any other necessary documentation.
5. Promotes all Company/Brand loyalty programs
6. Handles cash and is able to accurately count cash and make accurate change for guests. Responsible for cash transactions. Knows procedure for obtaining proper credit card authorizations.
7. Operates the switchboard using proper telephone etiquette, taking and transferring calls as required, taking messages accurately, always noting time and date, recording and making guest wake-up calls. Able to operate a TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf).
8. Follows all emergency procedures and knows how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies. This requires mobility to travel from room to room and up and down stairs to notify guests and also assist guests in evacuating the hotel.
9. Knows room rates, locations, and furnishings of all rooms.
10. Knows physical make-up and layout of the building, both interior and exterior.
11. Reviews front desk log and records the activities of your shift, in the log.
12. Responsible for balancing cash drawer and shift deposit. Completes all necessary paperwork.
13. Reports any problems, orally or in writing, concerning the front desk, guest relations, and maintenance to immediate supervisor on a daily basis.
14. Takes reservations and cancellations received over the telephone, through the front desk computer, through the mail, over the fax and in person and accurately inputs data in the property management system.
15. Is responsible for being aware of any changes in hotel operations and policies.
16. Locks and secures the front desk area at any time when required to leave the area (is required to take and use portable telephone for guest needs and potential emergencies).
17. Keeps all entrances and sidewalk areas reasonable free of snow and ice.
18. Checks outside lighting each night and reports any problems (bulbs out, etc.) on a maintenance request form.
19. Delivers rollaways, cribs, and additional guest supplies (towels, soap, glasses, etc.) to guest rooms when requested.
20. Follows procedures for handling disorderly conduct in guest rooms and public areas of the hotel.
21. Keeps front desk area and lobby clean and orderly at all times (dust, vacuum, clean windows and doors, empty trash, etc.).
22. Makes coffee; supplies and cleans coffee bar/great room area. Restocks and cleans pantry/suite shop if available as a guest amenity.
23. Helps secure guest lodging with referrals when the hotel is full.
24. Keeps all areas of the front desk area supplied with necessary items. Reports to immediate supervisor any supplies that are needed.
25. As lost and found items are turned in, records and places in proper storage area.
26. Cleans guest rooms, either when the hotel is full and there is a vacant room that needs to be cleaned to be sold, or when the hotel is short of housekeeping staff.
27. Complies with BBP, OSHA, and Hazcomm 2012 standards. Knows the potential hazards of any chemicals used and the proper personal protective equipment required. Uses personal protective equipment as directed by Safety Data Sheets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to speak and understand the English language. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms heights up to 72 inches. The employee is required to frequently walk up and down stairs, bend to the floor, lift, push and pull weights up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to push a stocked housekeeping cart weighing approximately 200 lbs. and reach items on the top of the cart, which is approximately 48 inches from the floor. In addition, the employee must be able to reach the lowest shelf on the cart at an approximate height of 6 inches from the floor. Scrubbing involves repetitive pushing and pulling with hands, arms, elbows, and shoulders. Scrubbing also involves extensive bending, stooping and kneeling. The employee is required to frequently lift shovel and snow weights up to 20 pounds.
1. Completes any correspondence concerning front desk matters (reservations, confirmations, sales letters, direct bills, accidents, etc.).
2. Maintains all records and files used at the front desk in hotel operations or required by management: (occupancy percentages, room attendant sheets, reservation records, billing statements, tracking sheets, guest messages etc.).
3. Performs any additional duties that, from time to time, may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
4. Completes all on-going required trainings and certifications, and trainings suggested by the General Manager or Brand Standards.
This is not a complete list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts and working conditions associated with the job. While this job description is intended to be a representative explanation of the current job duties, management reserves the right to revise the job duties or to require that other or different duties be performed when circumstances change (emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, etc.).
Apply in person at The Bismarck Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 3001 N 15th Street, Bismarck, ND 58503. No phone calls please.