QUOTATION SPECIALIST - WESCO DISTRIBUTION, BISMARCK, ND
Interested Applicants please apply online at https://www.wesco.com/careers
Search for opening under Bismarck, ND.
We are looking for a self-motivated technically competent individual to work in our Bismarck office. Position will involve preparing and submitting customer quotations/proposals to secure sales and provide customer service. Scope of quote preparation includes doing take-offs from construction plans for lighting and electrical gear. Communicates with Account Reps/Executives and Inside Sales Reps to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Identifies potential projects for bid and compiles list of material requirements (e.g., supplies, lighting, switchgear, and other distribution apparatus).
* Reads and interprets specifications and blueprints.
* Communicates with suppliers to discuss material specifications, clarify and confirm bill of materials, negotiate pricing and identify alternatives for special or custom orders.
* Interacts with consultants representing customers to obtain approvals for bidding.
* Provides material (data-com, switchgear/apparatus, and lighting) take-offs for preparing customer quotations.
* Assists with negotiating pricing with suppliers.
* Coordinates receipt of all required information for the preparation of final quotation submittal.
* Coordinates transmittals of plans, drawings and other documents to customers.
* Communicates with customers to resolve problems with projects during the bidding process.
* Follows-up on open/outstanding quotations with salespersons and customers to determine status.
Communicates with Account Reps/Executives and Inside Sales Reps to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete.
Identifies commonly ordered stock/non-stock items and recommends additions/changes in stock levels to management.
Posts projects being bid by customers.
Prepares purchase orders and/or job folders for project sales order management.
Monitors and oversees project management process after acceptance of quotation
Communicates with customers to verify and provide information on project status and/or changes.
Maintains catalogs and price lists.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Broad knowledge of product line and pricing.
Ability to deal with customers and factory representatives to obtain pricing information and their cooperation.
Good math skills.
Good communication and organization skills.
Computer literacy (i.e., Excel, Word, email, Internet)
Ability to research market and inventory positions to support sales staff in maximizing margins
Previous electrical and plan reading experience would be helpful.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.